Still work to do
The filibuster is over, but we still have work to do!
Call these senators (especially if you are a constituent!!!):
- Susan Collins (ME) - (202) 224-2523
· Judd Gregg (NH) - (202) 224-3324
· Chuck Hagel (NE) - (202) 224-4224
· Dick Lugar (IN) - (202) 224-4814
· Lisa Murkowski (AK) - (202) 224-6665
· Olympia Snowe (ME) - (202) 224-5344
· Arlen Specter (PA) - (202) 224-4254
· John Sununu (NH) - (202) 224-2841
· John Warner (VA) - (202) 224-2023
Here's what you should say (don't be bombastic, verbose, or rude. Be brief, simple, and polite).
"Hello. I'm a citizen concerned about the Republican leadership's attempt to change Senate rules, and I would like to urge Senator [name here] to oppose the 'nuclear option' to eliminate the right to filibuster judicial nominations. I believe in fair judges, and checks and balances. Thank you very much."
Princeton students are also trying to spread the filibuster to more schools. It's not that hard to set up a filibuster (Megan and I did it in a couple of days). Time is of the essence -- Frist is going to force the issue as soon as TOMORROW!!!
E-mail me if you want more info on organizing your own filibuster: firstname.lastname@example.org